This Autumn marks 500 years since the start of the Reformation, and to celebrate our fortnightly House Groups will be following a course called “Ideas that changed the world” during September and October.
At the heart of the Reformation were four ideas and four leaders. The ideas: faith alone, grace alone, Bible alone and Christ alone. The leaders: Luther, Calvin, Tyndale and Cranmer. In the four sessions of this course, join Dominic Steele as he explores these four simple yet profoundly important ideas, the key role these four men played in rediscovering and spreading them, and the stunning European locations where these historic events took place. But it’s not just a course to watch. You’ll also open up your Bibles and do some exploring of your own, reading the same parts of Scripture that Luther, Calvin, Tyndale and Cranmer read that radically changed their world.
Contact us if you would like to follow this course with us. Our five groups meet at the following times:
- Tuesdays @ 8pm (starts 12 Sept – led by Phil Weston)
- Wednesdays @ 9.30am (for mums, starts 13 Sept – led by Helen Weston)
- Wednesdays @ 8pm (start date TBC – led by Ken Perkins)
- Thursdays @ 2pm (starts 7 Sept – led by Stuart Brennan)
- Thursdays @ 8pm (starts 7 Sept – led by Phil Weston)