To Our St Michael’s Church Family
The situation regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus is changing daily, but we hope to move forward trusting in our Lord’s merciful protection and provision.
Church is not a building or an event, but a community of those who follow Jesus as Lord. Therefore it can never be truly ‘closed’ or ‘cancelled’.
Whatever happens we will seek to
• Grow as disciples: learning to respond with faith and not fear
• Encourage each other as a community: particularly looking after those who are vulnerable and isolated
• Be good witnesses to those around us: not acting selfishly but with faith, hope and love
Our public meetings:
Today we have been instructed by our Archbishops to close our Sunday services for the foreseeable future. (https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/news/archbishops-call-church-england-become-radically-different-public-worship)
• Home Groups will seek to make sure that everyone can receive Christian encouragement and fellowship. We trust that they may continue (using tools such as Skype) so people can meet together and be encouraged in God’s word.
• This Sunday we will try to organise a video streaming of the sermon with a few additional things too. Please keep an eye on our website and our FB page too.
• We would like to encourage the setting up of prayer triplets or duos so that we can continually be praying for each other, our community and our nation.
• Please feel free to get in touch with Pat Burr, Gemma-Louise or myself if you would like someone to chat or pray with. Please keep in touch with those you know too.
Today as we finished the course: God’s Big Picture, we were encouraged by Revelation 21.4 ‘God will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away’. A great promise to hold onto when circumstances in the world are beyond everyone’s control. God is still running the show.
So as far as possible we will continue with mission and ministry. Let us entrust our country & each other to the Lord in prayer.
Daniel, Gemma-Louise, John & Sam