St. Michael and All Angels, Gidea Park, Romford RM2 5EL
A transforming presence in our community
Contract: Permanent Location: Barking Episcopal Area Recruiter: Diocese of Chelmsford
Over the past four years St Michael’s congregation has increased to 100 across all age groups. We are determined to grow much further in mission and outreach.
We are seeking:
- A compelling teacher who preaches by exposition, application and evangelism the gospel of truth. A preacher who through Bible-based teaching leads the congregation to spiritual maturity in Christ. A true transforming presence amongst us to inspire and encourage through word, prayer and action so that we may be a transforming presence in our community.
- A people person who wants to become part of our family and make a commitment to our growth, unconditionally loving the young, the old and everyone in between.
- A physical presence in the community of Gidea Park both inside and outside the church who is creative in finding ways to engage with the local community.
- A positive influence who has the spirit of discernment to identify people’s skills and strengths so that everyone can fulfil their potential in contributing to the Great commandment and the Great Commission.
- A contagious believer in the power of prayer personally and corporately and the healing ministry given through the Spirit.
- Someone who will help us to use the resources we have now or in the future to create and maintain a legacy for generations to come. A creative leader who will support the Children and Families worker and establish youth ministry for older children.
- Someone willing to communicate the Gospel in a way appropriate to the diverse Christian experience within this parish. This ranges widely between those who are very new to the faith with little church background to those who have been committed Christians throughout their life.
- A person who is socially able, gregarious, and has a sense of humour.
- A person who is financially aware, IT literate and musically appreciative.
- A person who can manage change effectively; is prepared to consult and listen but will also provide effective leadership both within the church and the wider community.
- Preferably a person with some experience of work away from the ministry, giving an understanding of life in the community.
- A person who is persistent, with good sense of vision and adaptable. A person who seeks to develop strong working relationships in particular with the churches in our MMU.
So we can develop:
- A contagious faith in all areas of our lives
- A programme of active evangelism
- A growing church in number and commitment
- A deepening discipleship dedicated to fulfilling the Great Commission
St. Michael’s parish profile and application pack may be obtained from the Archdeacon of Barking’s office;
St. Michael and All Angels parish profile can be downloaded here
Closing date for applications is 30th November 2018