- Do you have a heart for making disciples of children and young people, and supporting Christian parents in their upbringing?
- Are you keen to develop your ministry experience by combining local church ministry with theological study or other part-time employment?
St Michael’s is a growing Anglican church embarking on a new season of mission and ministry. We are looking for a godly and gifted individual to lead our existing work with children and young people, and to develop new ministries for them. At present we have around thirty children in our Sunday congregation, plus many more involved through seasonal events and schools work. We also host a successful midweek toddler group and have Scout and Guide groups affiliated to our church. The successful candidate will have:
- a heart for reaching children, young people and families with the Gospel
- experience, training and ability in teaching the Bible to children and teenagers
- a willingness to be creative and flexible, to start new ministries and reach unchurched people
While there is considerable flexibility, we anticipate the role will include:
- giving leadership and direction to our children’s and youth ministry, including Sunday mornings and all age services.
- making disciples of children and young people
- involvement in reaching and discipling families
- full and active involvement in the life of the church family and ministry team
The salary for this post would be £10,100 pa, plus reasonable working expenses, for 20 hours per week. We may also be able to help the post-holder find suitable local accommodation, if required.
Please contact our Vicar, Rev. Phil Weston for further information or to apply for this post. Email email@example.com or call 01708 731057.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter describing your suitability for the post, including details of relevant qualifications in children’s and youth ministry. It is a genuine occupation requirement (GOR) that this postholder is a Christian, and appointment would be subject to satisfactory completion of DBS safeguarding checks.
The deadline for applications in Friday 9th June. We hope the successful candidate could start work by September.